Katie's Big Day

Katie’s
BIG DAY
One day a girl named Katie was walking to school. Her friend had just moved schools, so she was a bit upset. Today she was walking with her Mum to school. Her teacher’s name was Mrs Peters. She was a kind lady. When she got to school the bell rang. So she hurried to her classroom and lined up. Mrs Peters said to sit on the mat. They sang two songs but Katie was a bit nervous. After that they did some maths, then story writing.
The bell rang and they went out to lunch. Katie didn’t have anyone to play with. So she told the teacher. Mrs Peters asked if she would like to play with Charlotte. She said ‘yes’ so they went to the playground and played chasee. Charlotte had another friend. Her name was Emily. She was a nice girl. She had a pony tail in her hair. She also wanted to play with Charlotte. Katie asked Emily if she wanted to be her friend. Emily said ‘yes’ so the three girls played chasy. Soon the bell went and they ran to class. They lined up and sat down. Mrs Peters said to sit at their desks. While they were at lunch she had moved everyone’s desks around. The three girls were next to each other. Also Emily was next to a boy named Charlie. He was a nice boy. They were going to do a maths test. The test was about money. The girls finished first. They went on with colouring a picture of an ice cream. Once everyone played a game of hide and seek. Then they played duck-duck-goose. This time they played at the grass area. Later the bell rang again and they hurried to their classroom. Soon they went inside and played a game of charades. Soon the bell went and they ran to be picked up. Katie was being picked up by her Grandma and her little brother Benjamin. They went home and went inside. They asked Grandma what was for afternoon tea. She said she had made cupcakes for them. Then they ate them up and soon their mum and dad came and took them home and they all went to sleep in their beds.

By Zoe Proos

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!