Kidnap

Alone, he was used to it. He was kicked out of his home at a young age, a chance near zero to survive. He lived like a tramp, famished but learned to steal. He saw the impossible could be done. One day he became drunk, he thought that he could kidnap and kill the Duchess. Everyone told him he would be killed but took it as a reason why he should, he remained ignorant of the dangers that he would face.
Being the robber as he is he stole the best horse in New Britain and rode during the darkness of twilight. Riding, riding with only one thought to kidnap the Duchess. He stealthily galloped towards the tower. The darkness of midnight shrouded the man and his horse in its deceitful camouflage. They swiftly moved house to house until they had reached the destination they desired. He sprung off the horse as if his feet were made of feathers.
He darted towards the palace where the Duchess was held. When the man reached the castle, he saw the Duchess in the kitchen eating. The man scoffed at the sight of the Duchess he thought this would be much harder than this. He silently crept towards the looming shadow of his prize.
He edged towards the kitchen, slowing every time. Pausing, thinking "Should I do this?" He slyly came behind the Duchess and grabbed her took out his dagger and cautiously lifted his weapon and was about to stab, but stopped. He saw fear in the Duchess's eyes and he remembered the amount of fear he had when he was young. He stopped the moment he was about to stab, that fleeting time brought back bad memories from the past.
He thought "Just for my enjoyment I am making one person suffer.” But a little part of him felt bad and it started to grow until an enormous wave of guilt crashed over him. He immediately let go of the Monarch. He slunk away to the darkness, tail between his legs.
From then he showed his sincere smile that had been locked away for such a long time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!