I Hate To Break It To You Buddy!

It was a summer afternoon at the Wexford border in Ireland. Nancy was in her beautiful garden planting some very nice flowers and plants, William was out fetching some water and food to cook dinner for the Furlong family. Nancy and her mother finished gardening and went up to the Wexford market to buy some dinner groceries for the Smith family. At the market Nancy dropped a bag of groceries and William was a gentlemen and helped her pick it up. As William picked the groceries up and handed them to Nancy he told her his address.


The next sunny day Nancy found William’s house and they ran to the local south river. They had a magical picnic together. William and Nancy went to Nancy’s house. William asked her father John if he could marry Nancy. “Hate to break it to you buddy but no.” said John confidently.


William and Nancy were deeply in love but Nancy’s father wasn’t realising that Nancy was already 21, what happened was Nancy got her mother Christine onto her side so they all planned to get John to realise Nancy and William wanted this a lot!


Nancy’s dad still said no no matter what they tried… 10 kg of chocolate, stuffed in-love animals, even getting him tickets to the concert featuring The Royal United as One Ireland Dance Academy. He absolutely loved ballet but he still passed it up! They had no hope at all so Nancy and William ran away to Wexford central and William made a wedding ring out of dentist gold. They tricked John into making them man and wife. They planned ways to do it and they finally decided that Nancy and her father would walk down the beach and then William would give Nancy the ring.

So they got married and John realised they were a happy loving couple and joked with them “when are my grand kids coming?!” Nancy smiled at her dad and winked.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!