Waiting

The night was cold and I was waiting. ‘Would they ever come?’ I thought, staring down the dark road. I saw two lights, ‘Could it be them?’ I thought until the lights went right past me. I started walking home when I tripped, all went black. When I opened my eyes, I was in my own bed, birds were chirping and tweeting. I went downstairs and asked my dad what happened? He opened his mouth but no words came out, then he told me that last night the doorbell was rung and when he opened the door, I was just laying there on the welcome mat. Someone knocked on the door, I went to open it. It was a thing with the face of a monster and the body of a man, it reached at me, I slammed the door on it. It mumbled then said, "I'll find a window, I'll hide under your bed, you slammed the door and will not remember what's being said, you did this thing and will now live without.” It stopped talking. I walked back to my dad and I grabbed him but he was gone, the doorknob turned and the windows rattled. I ran upstairs, remembering what the thing had said so instead of going into my room, my brother’s room or my parent’s room, I went to the study and waited for footsteps coming up the stairs. I waited for a while, then had the idea that it was just my friends playing a joke so I went back to my room and saw that it was getting dark, even though it was 12:00pm. I was tired from last night so I went to sleep, my mind went dark as I began to dream. I dreamt that the thing was carrying me, it put me down, rung the doorbell and ran off into the garden. It must've been what had really happened that night, except the thing was my best friend. I never woke up, but the thing haunts my dreams.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!