Ella, Olivia And Candy

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

Ella, Olivia and Candy were three Lilac Border Collies who lived in the English countryside. They lived with their mum, Rika and their cousins, Kathryn and Neeva in a cottage on a beach. On Sundays they liked to go exploring outdoors. So that is what they would do. Wonder what will happen today?
While they were marching, playing and having fun they suddenly came to halt in front of a hill. At first the girls though that it was just an ordinary hill, but the more they looked and listened the more they felt adventures. Candy glanced at Kathryn and asked, ‘what’s this?’ Kathryn looked at her and said, ‘This is the Raven Maze Caves!’ The entrance was dark and misty. Kathryn, Neeva, Ella, Olivia and Candy one by one entered the Raven Maze Caves. As they stepped over some prickly thorny vines they saw a light. “What?”, asked the girls. As they saw what was making the light, the little not sure what to do puppies soon found out that it was a sparkly crystal making the light. “This”, began Kathryn, but before she could say another word they suddenly heard their mother calling them. The girls dashed across the thin green fields toward the golden fine sand. On the beach stood their home. Beside it were several little gardens. The girls stopped and went inside. On the porch, Rika was squeezing lemon onto prawns in a bowl. “Yum” or “Like me lunch” the girls would normally say. The sizzle, sizzle, sizzle of fried crayfish that Neeva had collected steamed bright. “Lunch is almost ready”, Rika called to the girls. Neeva was so hungry her manicure was peeling! Rika poured vinegar onto the salad in front of her. She put 6 spoonful’s into each bowl just as the Sunday mail flew in. In it was a letter to Rika.
When the little explorer club was ready to explore, they took the key to the caves and went to find it. When they arrived it was a lot more quiet than they thought. For some reason Olivia and Candy could hear something going on. But they had no time to say a word because right from the shadows rose 13 skull ravens. “I want to go home.”, Ella mumbled to Olivia. “Don’t worry. Either Candy or Kathryn will think of something.” From behind these Pierce-eyed creatures walked a raven with a crown on his head. He said, “Attack!” The ravens dived at them shrieking loudly! Thinking fast, Kathryn told them that they could use the sword their grandpa had made for them. The girls fought for their lives until they knocked them into the river!
Once they had knocked the ravens into the river, the girls raced back to their house. But when they got inside nobody was home. So they went outside and found themselves standing in front of sweets, friends and family. A list of yummy things were on the table, including cake!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!