The Weapons Of The Unknown

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

Bang! What was that? I asked the pilot. I was in a submarine 9,000 feet below the surface! “I think the fuel tanks just exploded”. “What!” I yelled “so you mean the sub can`t move’’ I screamed. “Yeah, pretty much”, the driver said. I’ll putt in the back-up fuel tanks. As soon as he has walked into the storeroom the hatch closed and the whole submarine apart from the control room floated up towards the surface.
I was trapped, suddenly the submarine lurched forwards and fell into an underwater trench. The depth gauge shot up and the walls caved in. Water shot in like deadly bullets. Soon I was waist high in freezing water and it was still rising! Suddenly a strong current pulled the submarine into a small cave inside the cliff face! The current pulled me into the cave and then the submarine crashed into a rock wall! To my horror the rock wall began to collapse.
Suddenly one of the rocks smashed open and a glowing sword with demand on the handle flew towards me! I leaped out of the submarine and grasped the handle, I could breathe under water! Suddenly there was an ear splitting roar. I looked around and realised an enormous sea monster with razor sharp teeth was right behind me, I swiped the sword but missed. But then the sword let out a beam of light that hit the beast. BOOM! The beast looked at me and returned to the depths of the cavern. I was safe for now.
I swam down after the monster, there were bones everywhere. Snap, the beast just missed. I swung my sword and hit it, the beast let out a moan and snapped again but missed and I hit it. There was a blinding flash and the beast in its place was a map and a fighter submarine. I looked at the map there were 3 weapons and one shield.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!