Haunted House

It’s dark as night, old and rusty, the paint had faded, it was full of cobwebs and bugs, it was falling apart. There were holes in the roof, broken chairs on the floor the entire thing was out of order. It was deserted and looked like it was abandoned for years, there was no life at all it was a rotting house that was built long ago, it was made from old materials that no one use these days.

I pushed the door open “Creak” the floorboards rubbed together as I slowly walked through the door. Cobwebs and dust were scattered across an old photo in old photo was a man's face, he looked like he was staring directly at me, the old man's face shines in the darkness of the photo. I walked forward to take a closer look when “Whoosh” a gust of wind rushed past me as I heard footsteps. In the shadows I saw something moving towards me I rapidly blinked and when I opened my eyes I see a girl right before me, her piercing blue eyes shimmered in the night, her long, dark, flowing hair danced in the wind, her flawless, dazzling, pale skin was filled with goosebumps. She wore a locket, the locket said Maria I guessed that was her name.

“Time’s running out” she whispered and then she disappeared into thin air. I looked at the photo again and noticed that the man's eyes had moved. I got nervous and my palms started to sweat, I could feel icy chills and goosebumps rising up my spine. In the silence the pressure set in, I heard a noise that was coming from the cracks in the walls. Every instinct in my body was telling me to be careful but moved closer to the cracks in the walls. The noise sounded like a scream, “AAAHHHHH” the sound got louder, I pressed my hands against my ears. Then the ground started to shake and the chandelier shock with it, the walls were closing in on me. I ducked and buried my head in my hands as the glass of the windows shattered into a million pieces.

It was silent again I could hear my breath and my heart racing, the temperature instantly dropped. I could see my breath turning into smoke as I hold my arms against my body trying to warm myself. I was running towards the door as it shut itself closed, I tripped over one of the broken chairs and cut my leg. Maria appeared and she spoke “Leave now”, The door opened. I was mesmerised when she spoke. “Don’t come back here ”. I left, I kept moving forward without looking back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!