Bad Luck

Bad Luck


‘Thump, thump!’ The sound of footsteps could be heard on a chilly, foggy night.
Alex Vent was trying her luck with escaping out of her house and into the country. In one hand she was holding a suitcase packed with clothes, food to last a week, cat food to last a week, two brushes, blankets, soap and four bottles of water. In her other hand she held a basket with blankets, a cushion and a mouse toy inside. She was also carrying a backpack with some snacks, two tins of tuna, a can opener, her phone, a little notebook, a pen, two bottles of water and a small umbrella.
She decided to have some fun before she left. She dumped her stuff on the floor, took out her umbrella, opened it and began to twirl and twirl and twirl. It was such fun for Alex seeing the world spin around her until she tripped on her suitcase and fell flat on her face.
“Who’s there!?” shouted her dad.
Alex held her breath until she heard snoring again, then she returned to her work.
She came across Puss her cat and scooped him into the basket.
“Hiss!” Puss hissed angrily.
“Shhh!” Shushed Alex, not wanting them to be heard.
She continued along the hallway, unable to contain her excitement about finally going into the outside world and escaping from the inside one. When Alex had finally got to the door she withdrew the key from her pocket that she had seized and taking a deep breath she unlocked the door as taught from her homeschool teachings.
What she saw took her breath away. She saw a clean quiet road with a few cars passing by. The moon was shining brightly with a lot of twinkling stars around it. There was not a cloud in the sky. She took a deep breath, taking in the fresh air.
Out of the corner a black cat passed by looking at Alex sweetly. All of a sudden it began to rain hardly with hail and thunder. Alex shut the door quickly and cried,
“Noooo!”
She then hid her stuff under a table, placed Puss in his cat bed and returned to her own bed.
“Oh well, I guess i’ll have to go tomorrow,” mumbled Alex to herself, “At least now I know what to do to avoid Bad Luck!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!