Haunted

The angular trees danced in the darkness, as the wind howled through the night. I looked out my window. A house caught my eye. The bright red roof shine as the streetlights flickered in the darkness. The house looked as dull as a widow, wearing black. I threw myself at the window trying to break through like they do in the movies. SMASH! Glass flies all over the. Some glass cuts me. Scratches and blood covers my skin. I’m pale as I lose a lot of blood.

It’s nine-thirty and I’m running towards the house like Flash. I”M A CHEATER! I brace myself. My legs feel excruciating, but I’m not giving up until I get there. I stop. The sign on the gate says, “Beware, take care.”
I really want to see and range over the place. I wonder why it says “ Beware, take care.” I see the wood and timber lying on the dead grass, smell smoke and can taste the powerful wind that is stopping me from breathing.

“This house looks cursed,” I whisper to myself in a squeaky voice; like a mice. Formally, I walk towards the house. A spark goes down my spine. I knocked repeatedly on the beige door. The dried paint is ripping off.
“Knock! Knock!”
There was no answer. Determined to look around, I push the door down.
“Woah!” I gasp. I view pictures surrounding the hallway. I turn leisurely. No one is behind me, but I feel someone's presence. I start running.

“Puff! Puff!” Dead end! I look around me, to hide from what seemed to be a ghost.
“Yes a cupboard,” I say in ease. I rapidly huddle into the compact space and lean backwards. I was frightened!
“Woah! CRASH!” I fall backwards. The green, grass grips me as I struggle to stand up.
I trip but I stand back up. I run as quickly as I could. I’m never going back again. It’s ten forty- five and I’m in my bed. Trying to think what was following me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!