Bad Luck

How did this happen? As I whispered to myself in horror. I just won the lottery for power ball as it was announced in Empire Magazine when I was reading it. And I had the same number that was shown in the magazine! I was overjoyed. “I'm going to be rich, I’m going to be rich!’’ with a great big smile.
But then I saw the date on my ticket. And it had the wrong date! Today was September fifteenth in 2022, but the date read the second of December 2009.
At first I was shocked! I didn’t know what to do. But my mood completely changed when I thought in my head that it was probably just the printer's fault. So I swooped down the hallway and ran straight into my car and drove as fast as I possibly could so I could go to the gas station before the winner of the lottery will be announced on live television.
I was in a very disappointed mood because of my bad luck. When driving I questioned myself, ‘’What if it wasn't the printer’s fault? What could I do?’’ In an instant I was at the gas station. When I got out of my super go car pro I walked to the cashier viscously with an indescribable face.
When I went to the cashier I instantly showed him my lottery ticket and screamed right at his puzzled face ‘’EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!’’
“What, there’s nothing wrong with that lottery ticket.”
“No the date!” I said in a high pitched angry tone. The cashier was confused, well he looked confused at least. ‘’I will print out the lottery ticket but you have to give me an extra dollar.” I was disgusted when I heard that. I thought to myself he's only doing this just to get money. It's all a scam! They probably stopped recording and they're going to show the lottery winner in any second now! So I screamed in the top of my lungs, ‘’I’m not happ…” then in that instant I heard a loud noise coming from the TV. It sounded like the news!
I slowly turned my tempered head straight to the TV… and then the lottery winner was shown on the news. The winner looked exactly like the cashier that was in front of me. He even had his name! He was holding the mega million dollar jackpot! I turned my whole head and body right at the cashier with a face that’s even worse than satan. The the cashier had the most annoying grin and shrug I had ever seen in my whole dang life. Then the cashier said with a squeaky voice, “Happy Late April Fools!’’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!