I Cant Live Without Her

One warm summer night when I was supposed to be well and truly asleep in bed, I couldn’t sleep so I tip toed quietly down the stairs like an owl flying through the night, unheard. I saw my Mum and Dad sitting in the dining room, Mum was sobbing, crying. I just had that feeling that something was really wrong as Mum was always happy and cheerful, she very rarely cried. An awful feeling rushed through my body. I just knew something bad was unfolding.
I ran into the room. I gave Mum a big hug. “What’s wrong Mum? Are you ok?” I said, that made her eye’s well up even more, she told me to go back to bed, so I did. I didn't sleep that night, all I could think of, was what’s wrong with my Mum?
The next day Mum told me what the problem was, she said that she had a terrible disease and she didn’t have long left to live.
I couldn't believe it, I didn't cry, I was in shock, my heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest, I could feel the inside of me falling to pieces.
“How long has this been going on for? Who, um who knows about this? who have you told? I whispered holding back my tears. I was trying to be brave for Mum but I couldn't hold it in anymore, the tears rolled down my face, I felt so lost.
“Don't cry Addison, everything's going to be ok, I promise,” said Mum taking a big breathe.
“You and your father are the only ones that know, I am going to tell Grandma tomorrow, it’s going to be hard but I’m going to,” said Mum.
I felt like I was going to be sick, my body felt like it was melting into tiny pieces, I couldn't believe what was happening it felt like a nightmare….
BANG!
I opened my eyes I was lying in my bed in my room. The blankets were on the ground like someone had just torn them off my bed, I lay there for a minute wondering how I got here. The time read 2:42am, I couldn't remember how I got here. I heard a noise, it sounded like it came from downstairs. I ran into Mum’s room to see if she was ok.
“Mum what was that noise?” I said.
“It was just the dog, now go back to sleep. I’m not feeling very well, it would help me if you just went back to bed,” she said in an annoyed voice.
“Does your disease make you feel sick?” I said.
“What disease?” Mum replied looking confused.
“You know your disease,” I replied in a confused way.
“I don’t have a disease, what are you talking about?” she said with a grin, “it must of been a dream, now go back to sleep,” she gave me a kiss on the forehead.
“Love you Addison.”
“Love you Mum.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!