Like No Other

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

I drew long shallow breaths as I looked around the dark room, sweat beads dripping down my forehead. I was terrified. The memories of last nights nightmare flooded into my mind as I tucked my legs into my chest. The sun began to rise. I couldn't lose Eden. I knew I would have to get up at some point but I didn't, I just sat there.

"Rise and shine, love!"

Confused?
That was Eden, he's like a second conscience, some say it was a miracle and others a curse. The world was filled with witches and vampires but I was left with Eden.

No one can hear Eden, some used to think I was crazy when I was little and stated there was a little boy stuck in my head. Let me introduce myself, my name is Odaris Mancer. I'm a 17 year old girl who adventures around the world with Eden and of course my faithful companions, Kyre Fraye aka Pheo and Eric Barbados aka Barb.

I was suddenly pulled from my thoughts as Pheo walked into my room "its time to wake up" She said. A long silence remained in the room until I broke it with sharp voice that broke through the anti-deafening silence "we'll eat then head out".

I hastily got out of bed and headed to the kitchen with Pheo and Eden, Eric was sat on the kitchen stool reading treasure island "Barb get ready, we're heading out" I ordered as I took loaf of bread from last nights dinner and stuffed my face.

The 'corrupted' as Eden named them were lurking near by. What exactly are the corrupted may you ask? They're lost souls that take the form of humans and shadows and lurk the earths ground, they are the corrupted that have corrupted this planet. I guess they were never really contained and still aren't till this very day, 26-8-2082.

A loud banging came from the doors followed by the room bursting with corrupted, they have found us!

We started our attack formation and began to fight back but this was worse than ever. We were done for. "Keep up your Attacks!" I yelled as I thoroughly searched for an escape root. But a flying object flew toward me and I started to lose all conscience. Darkness was what I woke to, a throbbing pain in my head and I could smell a strong scent of burnt pine needles. "Eden? Eden this is not funny come out!" I murmured as I searched my brain for my second half...nothing. My searching soon became frantic and my murmuring turned to shouting and pleading. But as much as I hated it, I knew Eden was gone. So I looked up and the sky was crying, I was crying and therefore I laughed because my half was torn away from me and I could never have him back. So that was my story, the story of two who really were...like no other.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!