Late Again

Come on! Now I can see the bus coming up my street and I haven’t got my homework. Up the driveway I go again, seriously, now I can't find my homework. Finally my homework’s on the couch, wait a second, that says Becca not Henry. As I ran down the driveway, I heard the bus turning down the OTHER street, that means I missed the bus, guess I’ll have to walk wait, no I should run!
Uggg! I don't know the way to school. Ok, I remember looking out the window and passing the shops. I know my way to the shops, wait I don’t remember passing this sign. Eenie meenie minie mo, NORTH it is. I don’t remember passing the zoo. Ok consider the facts, you don’t go to the zoo every day, so zoo it is. Look at that tiger, ohhhh is that a kangaroo?
Suddenly beeping and red flashing lights a voice then spoke out of the microphones, “EVACUATE THE AREA, CODE RED, THE ALLIGATOR ESCAPED, WAIT A MOMENT SO DID THE COUGAR!” That was when I knew I should head for exit, I was out of the zoo. I still was running and I wasn’t looking.
I ran into a bush, I think it was a home to a wild cat. I was scratched all over and looked homeless. I then saw Jenny, she’s my neighbour. “HEY JENNY!” I yelled as I noticed that wasn’t Jenny, she was someone else on the phone and as she was turning around, she said to the person on the phone, “Hold a sec.” I nearly fainted when I saw she had on her shirt ‘I WILL GIVE A HOBO A HOME’. I looked like a hobo.
I ran till I reached a sign, it said ‘DEAD END’ so I didn’t have anywhere else to run but I had plenty of room to hide, so I hid and she walked right past me.
There was then a lady walking towards us. The closer she got, the more I noticed that she looked familiar. IT WAS THE PRINCIPAL! And she found me and took me back to school.
On the way to school, the car was silent. Once we got there no one else was there because school was over but the Principal made me do work. The next thing I knew, mum was telling me how embarrassed she was to have a son who missed the bus 12 times in a row!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!