The One Of Heart,The One Of Despair

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

On the grey decimated plains of burnt grass and ash covered soil. Two kings emerged slowly from the muddy craters from which they laid in. As they walked through the aftermath of the war that had just been held, as they saw across the fields before them, lied a sea of bloody corpses.

"Let us end this and see who is the victor." said one of the kings in a heavy, hollow voice who wore black garments and wield a large war hammer.
"I do not need to fight for I have already won." said the king in red, who spoke in a deep but wise voice and had a sword sheathed on his back.
"what do you mean? I've defeated your army and have more powerful magic than you." said the black king as he roared with laughter.
"It's because you lack heart, and without heart you are no better then the rotting corpses next to you." as the red king said this, the other king clenched his fists that was protected within a shining steel gauntlet.

When he did so, he felt something on his face, as he touched it, a part of his cheek dissolved into what looked liked a mixture, of ash and dust.
"What is this sorcery!" barked the black king at his opponent as he continued to disappear.
"I have done nothing, it is you who is doing this."
"WHY!?"
"Because you do not know the meaning life, so you do not deserve life, you will die by your own doing."
"I'LL END YOU!!!" screamed the black king with anger and frustration. He swings his weapon towards the red king with rage, and the red king says "you know nothing but despair." and raises his hand and as he touched his foe, the black king was blown away in the form of ash like dust.

The red king then prays for the fallen, as he sets off on his journey to his kingdom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!