Danger Of The Snowy Mountains

“James look out!”
“What? Where Nola?”
“Got you James.”
“Hurry up Nola, not funny either. Just can we do our hiking and get off this mountain.”
“Fine Mr Bossy Boots.”
“My storm raider says that there is possibly a storm.”
“Well we better find shelter for the night because our tents won’t be able to hold up if an avalanche comes through. We would get squashed in the avalanche.”
“Nola look there is a cave.”
“And James look that’s the avalanche coming now!”
“Make a run for it Nola!”
“I’m coming James!”
RUMBLE! WOOSH! The wind was swirling around the caves blocked entrance. Sizzle, sizzle went the burning wood. Nola and James watched as the red, orange and yellow flames danced loudly on the dark burning fire.
“James do you think that we will be out by tomorrow morning?”
“Sure of course we will Nola don’t worry. Just one more thing GO TO SLEEP!”
“James is as bossy as your boss at work when you do something that he doesn’t approve of. He gets so annoyed at you sometimes, but other times he is fine with you.”
“Psst James.”
“What Nola?”
“I found these shovels over in the pile of snow in the corner.”
“Well do you want to dig the snow for a while?”
“No don’t be lazy James! This time I am not going to be your slave at all because you never help me do anything when I need your help.”
“Fine then just wait a little and I will come help you in a little.”
As they were digging, the snow was tumbling back on the blocked entrance of the small warm cave. They were having a break when they heard an aggressive roar like a very angry grizzly bear was waiting for them to come out of the cave.
“Nola, I think we may not get out today possibly.”
“Why not?”
“Because if that’s a grizzly waiting outside the cave and we get out he will probably get us.”
“Well we should go to sleep seeing as there is nothing to do.”
After a while, the grizzly went away and found a new cave.
“James?”
“Nola I know what you want, so let’s start digging.”
“Yes exactly how did you know?”
After a long time of boring digging, they found some light peeking through the left corner.
“James can you fit through the gap?”
“I can, let’s go!”
“Okay let’s go home to the cabin then, before another avalanche comes through.”
1 WEEK LATER
“Mum guess what? We climbed up Mount Kia.”
“Really. I thought that you would never climb up there.”
“Well you know now that I have been up on Mount Kia.”
“Do you want to ever go back up there Nola with me soon?”
“NO WAY!!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!