Magic Beast

Beep Beep Beep!! I slap my alarm trying to turn it off. I get up from my bed and get dressed. I walked towards the door, when I got there I stopped and turned around to check if I didn’t forget something. Then I saw a box, no holes, no scratches, not even any dents. The box was perfect. I walked towards it and opened it. Nothing. Completely empty. I turn and walked to the door. Then something got my attention. I looked in the box that had a ball in it. “A metal ball,” I said. I picked it up and nothing happened. Mum called me to hurry up so I dropped it and a portal appeared. I fell to the ground and was sucked in to it.
I opened my eyes. Things were blurry. I closed my eyes again and rubbed them. I looked, flowers bloomed, grass greened, and water flowed. I was amazed at what I saw. I stood up and walked around. Then I tripped and fell down a hill. I got back up on my feet and I saw a kingdom. Two men grabbed me and took me to the kingdom where I was put in a cell for a couple years.
When twenty years passed, Queen Zelda called all of the prisoners to her room and gave us a quest to free ten magic beasts. She gave us weapons. We got a sword and a shield. When she gave me my weapon she said that my father had tried this quest but he never returned. Many people have seen him on their journey. After everyone had a weapon we set off on the quest. On my way I thought about home. “Mum must be worried,” I said in my head.
I looked up and a giant gate opened. We walked in. Up ahead laid the mouth of a dark cave. There was silence. Then… ROAR!! We got our weapons and charged in ready for battle. We looked, but darkness. Light came, but not any light. Fire. They walked closer. Their red skin burned them. Whoff! A fire bird rose from the ground. The rest of us watched them run cooked to death. I ran into the cave trying to dodge most of the rocks.
When finally getting out of the cave I looked around. Water! I grabbed a bell from my belt and filled it with water. I threw it on the bird. The bird died out of flames and flew into clouds. Everyone was safe.
We decide to now set off for home through the night. That battle was enough. I do wonder though, what other beasts I will face in the darkness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!