Vengeance


Vengeance

I cling onto my soul before it leaves my wounded body in the heavy downpour that flooded the wetlands. Who knew that vengeance could lead to an agonising death. No, I cannot, memories of my burnt farm flash before my eyes. My family locked in the depressing dungeons in the castle of the vicious emperor and his despicable heir. I cannot give up! I hobble through the desolate village which lives in poverty. The colossal walls of palace tower over the village. The walls symbolises power and wealth that the emperor says he has. I was surprised myself when I scaled the massive wall , considering the injuries I obtain.


I stealthily run across the ever-stretching pathway which sits on the top of the wall. I was very suspicious when there were no guards standing at the doorway. I kicked open the door with all my might and there sitting in his bloodstained throne behind the hundreds of guards with his nefarious smile, was the emperor.

“You were a fool to enter the walls, you will pay the price.” He spoke in a very demeaning way. The first guard drew his sword. I was too swift though, I leapt onto his sword then onto his terracotta helmet. Soon I had jumped onto the heads of almost all of the baffled men. I sprinted down the hallway searching for the dungeon.


CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

The ominous sound echoed through the hallways and the furious voices of the guards drew closer. I would soon be surrounded.
I cannot lose when the power of vengeance is on my side. If I die though, then so be it. I will hope someone will rescue my family and slay the emperor. The power of vengeance is a powerful yet unstable force that only the worthy can handle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!