Teacher Drama

I awoke to the sounds of happy birds singing. I yawned and sat up in my bed, “Ahh... another wonderful day! I thought to myself. I suddenly realized my feet were touching something hard and cold. I yanked off my blanket. My feet were touching the end of my bed! But that was impossible! I couldn’t have grown that tall in one night? I hopped out of bed, confused and ran to look at myself in a mirror that hung on the wall. I realized that I looked exactly like my teacher, Miss. Willow! As I scanned the room I sensed that I was in my teacher’s room and her house! In fact, I WAS my teacher!

So my brain was in my teacher’s body... did that mean that my teacher’s brain was in my body? There was only one way to find out. I frantically yanked on some clothes that I found in a cupboard. Then I turned and rushed out of the house.

Luckily my school wasn’t far so I could walk. While I was walking I decided to try and teach my class for the day. I had always wanted to teach. I got to school just as the bell started to ring. I ran to where my class was waiting for me. “Okay... um... well then... everyone in please! Unpack and sit on the mat,” I cried stumbling over every word I said. Once everybody was sitting on the mat I went over to Miss. Willow’s desk. I looked over the paperwork on it and saw that Math was the first lesson of the day. I went over to my class. “Um... okay then what’s 1+1?” I asked them. Kate shot her hand up. “That’s easy! 2!” She said. “Er... yes! Well done. Now anyone know what 2+2 is?” I awkwardly asked. “Hey!” yelled my friend Jack. “We’re not babies, we’re in Year 4!” “But 2+2 is 4!” I said trying to make a joke. “Meanie!” Jack screamed. “Worst teacher ever!” “Well, you’re the worst friend ever!” I yelled without thinking. “Friend? Friend! I’m not your friend!” Jack growled. I raised my hand about to whack Jack. Suddenly the principal walked in! I froze, my hand in mid air. “Anna! Were about to hit that child?” She cried. “No, no, of course not,” I said patting Jack on the back. He glared at me.

At that exact moment I walked into the room! Well, my body did. I gasped, “Miss. Willows, is that you?” I loudly asked my body. “Anna Willows you’re obviously drunk! Hitting children! Calling a child your own name! Come with me, please!” the principal screeched.

And that was the end of my teaching career.

I never did find out if Miss. Willow’s brain had been in my body.

But the next morning, I woke up in my brother’s body. “Great!” I moaned. “My brother has a soccer game today!
And I CANNOT play soccer!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!