The Online Relationship

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

Luke smiled at his computer screen as the messages of his online love interest appeared before him. Her name was Fraylin. They were both fourteen and very close despite being separated by distance. He lived in America whilst she lived in Australia but their bond was magical.
The two talked every day and after two years, they finally planned to meet one another. “Hey, my parents said it’s okay,” exclaimed Luke. "My flight leaves in about two hours. I better start packing. See ya!"
The next day a news slide popped up on Fraylin’s screen saying a plane with the tag 1123 heading from America to Australia crashed into the ocean. After a moment paralysed with horror, Fraylin screamed. Her mother rushed in, “Honey, what’s the matter?” After five seconds, Fraylin fell on the floor unconscious.
However, Luke arrived in Australia, alive and well, and made his way to Fraylin’s doorstep. After a chat with Fraylin’s parents he explained that it was the plane before him that crashed into the ocean. Sadly, his heart sank in his chest when he found out he would not see Fraylin. Only her gravestone.
After the funeral, he flew back home. During the flight, he met a man called Ben. Luke shared his story with Ben, who could see the loss in Luke's eyes. Ben reached into his carry on luggage and pulled out an item known as the 'Galaxy Orb'. “I see that your heart is pure. Take this. This will help bring her back, if you want to that is.”
When Luke got back home, he stood in the middle of his room and chanted, “Fraylin” over and over. He looked around, nothing happened. He got angry at the orb and threw it at the wall in despair. Just as the orb collided with the wall, a black hole appeared. It quickly sucked him in.
When he opened his eyes, he found himself back in a time where he was still packing for his trip. He then quickly typed on the computer, “Before I go my plane tag is 1124, Bye.”
When his plane arrived, he was greeted by Fraylin at the terminal. She raced over to him and squeezed him tightly. “Finally,” she cried. Luke held her close, knowing he almost missed out on this moment.
Years passed, the two soon found themselves on their wedding day. Fraylin was walking down the aisle towards Luke in her beautiful white gown. Luke observed her with a smile, but something at the back of the church caught his eye. It was Ben. He was smiling proudly at the sight of the young couple as Fraylin joined Luke at the altar. The two gazed into each other’s eyes as the ceremony began.
Ben turned and left the church. When he got outside, he lifted off the ground and slowly transformed into an orb of light. He then flew up into the clouds and sky until he disappeared out of sight. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!