I Am Not Going To Pluto Again

“Muuuumm, I wanna go on holiday to Pluto. Everyone in my class has been except me!” I heard Alana say to her mum. I rolled up to her and displayed my extendable screen with its tickets to Pluto. She screamed with joy and ran upstairs to pack her bags. I rolled my robotic eyeballs making sure that Alana’s mum could see. She is the most dramatic master I’ve had so far and I hope she stays that way.
My name is La-La 2000 and I am a HHOR (Home Help Out Robot). The year now is 2030. My jobs are not always fun but I am included as a family member. It was going to be Alana’s birthday tomorrow and her mum and I knew Alana was sick of home, school, home, school so that is why we were taking her to Pluto for a surprise.
Since we get to send books back in time these days; I will have to explain what a Hubble Bubble Home is. A Hubble Bubble Home is a bubble that is tiny on the outside and as big as a house inside with furniture and everything a normal house would have inside it. You can fly it everywhere, even into space and right next to the Sun!
Anyway, back to the story; the next day as we boarded the Hubble Bubble Home I felt a strange sensation as if someone or something had opened my power hatch and tweaked me somehow. I tried to get Alana’s attention but she was too excited to hear me and her mum was too busy trying to calm her down. As we flew around the Solar System Alana pointed out every planet that came into view. After a while all of us got bored until finally touch-down…
Suddenly, I felt a jerk, I started shaking and my vision turned red. “MUST KILL MASTERS”. Alana started giggling but I shook with rage “ATAAAACK !!” As I sped to destroy Alana, I heard her mum say: “No, La La 2000 STOP. I knew it was true!” She took out a Laser Knife and my world went black.
I woke up staring into the eyes of an old doctor robot. There were ropes around me and I could not move. “He’s awake! Now all you need is some rest and peace.” He turned to Alana’s mum to have a chat. “I’ve had a suspicion this week, as many of my patients have been robots infected with a strange virus.” Alana’s mum replied, “I heard about it in the newspaper and was quite nervous” The doctor injected me with something and the last thing I heard was the doctors rough voice saying “You need to go home.”
Now I’m at home wrapped in the family’s warmest blanket. I feel guilty and confused because I tried to hurt my masters and I spoilt Alana’s Pluto trip. To make it up to her I am going to organize tickets to Mars for next month...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!