Kidnapped

I awoke in a dark room, unaware of where I was or what time it was. The last thing I remember was going to the park with my sister and her boyfriend and seeing them being shot by a random man. I felt around for a phone or any source of light. Luckily my phone was in my pocket. The kidnapper hadn’t taken it yet. I opened up Google Maps on low brightness, so the kidnapper wouldn’t see it. I would need it to call mum to tell her that I was in a dark room, no idea where I was. I gaped at my phone in awe. It says I’m on the other side of Australia, an abandoned town in Victoria. How long was I out for? I suddenly heard footsteps.

The door slowly creaked open, revealing a man that looked like he was in his late forties. I quickly shoved my phone into my pocket. The strange figure luckily hadn’t noticed that my phone was fully charged and in my pocket. He cackled, in a raspy voice “How are you young Alexis? I bought you a drink.” He handed me a chilled glass of water and slowly turned and strutted away. Luckily I had painted my nails, earlier that week, with a nail polish that would easily tell me if my drink was spiked by turning black. I dipped my nails into the water and suddenly they had turned a rather charcoal like black. I placed the glass on the floor. I wouldn’t drink that at all! He had obviously seen me place the drink on the ground and decided to observe why I hadn’t drunk it. He questioned me “Why are you not drinking the water? I would’ve thought that the 48 hour drive would have made you thirsty.” I simply replied with a smarty pants question. I just replied with “Why don’t you drink it then, huh? I won’t unless you drink it first!” He smiled in an inhumane manner and grabbed the glass of water. I thought to myself “There is no way he is human. That smile is way too inhumane.” He chugged the glass of water in a quick gulp. He would soon be asleep. There is no way he could stay awake now. The sleeping pills I dissolved in there were too strong. He started to doze off into a deep sleep. This was my chance. I stole the key off him and opened the door.

After running about one kilometre I stopped and called mum. She picked up rather quickly. She had definitely been crying, you could hear it in her weak, quivering voice. “Hello? Alexis?” I quickly answered, “Yes mum. I was kidnapped by some random person with the most inhumane smile I could imagine. He took me to Endeavour Hills, Victoria. I drugged him and made a run for it.” After a short chat mum had come to save me from the hell-hole I had been taken to.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!