Dark Knight

It was a dark and dreary night as Allissa was in a deep sleep when she heard a horse neigh. She woke up assuming she was dreaming but then heard another noise,’clip clop, clip clop’. Now she was certain it was a horse. She quickly ran to her window to get a glimpse of the horse. She could see the horse in the corner of her eye but couldn’t see it too well due to the rain slowly falling down her window. Suddenly the horse disappeared.

Allissa didn’t really take what happened into thought but after she had nightmares, hulizinations and glimpse of the beautiful, black horse she realized there was something peculiar going on.

One day as Allissa was walking down a muddy road, coming back from school she saw footprints.These weren’t ordinary footprints,they were a horse’s footprints. Being the adventurous person she is Allissa followed the footprints. These footprints went on for a while and eventually led her to an old stable with spider webs in the corners and cracks in the dusty wood. Then suddenly she heard a neigh and this neigh was the same neigh that Allissa had heard a few days ago.

After hearing this neigh Allissa was quite frightened and she didnt not want to go any further. But something inside of her made her go. So she walked across the old dirt floor and eventually reached the horse. She looked at the horses shiny, luscious mane, it’s muscular legs and it’s beautiful face. Then she put out her hand, without even thinking, and stroked the horses soft mane. She felt a strong bond with this horse.

Then she heard footsteps behind her and quickly turned around but was suprised when seeing a beautiful man about the same age as Allissa and had glorious blonde hair. He was quite tall and had a muscular body. There was something special about him that Allissa liked.

He asked,”Hey what are you doing here?” His voice was quite deep and manly.
Allissa replied,”Umm… I was seeing this horse everywhere so i followed the footprints”.
His face lit up,”Yeah same here”.
Thats when she felt a connection with him,”What’s your name?”
“Gale, you?”, he replied
“I’m Allissa”, she answered.
So they got to know each other and talked about how they were seeing this horse.
Gale asked,” You should probably get home, your parents are probably worrying about you”.
She then said sadly,”I don’t have any parents”
His happy smile went to a frown,”I know how you feel”
She then asked,”How?”
“I’m also an orphan”, he answered.
They talked for hours about how hard life is without family and organised to meet up at the stable the next day.

So everyday they would meet up at the stable and ride the horse together. They named the horse ‘Dark Knight’. They eventually went from strangers to friends, then friends to boyfriend and girlfriend and eventually to husband and wife.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!