Sadie And The Magic Book

Once not long ago there lived a girl called Sadie. Sadie lived in a huge house in the city that looked like a castle. Her mum and dad were both super rich and horribly posh. But they weren’t together anymore. Sadie was sent to an all-girls school and didn’t have a single friend. The uniforms were gross and the teachers always wanted perfection. Sadie hated her school more than anything else in the world. She wished she had a better life.

One day Sadie got so annoyed with her parents and her school that she decided to run away. She gathered some of her toys and clothes and stuffed them into a bag but quickly escaped when she heard her mum coming. She ran downstairs and down the back lane, where the house stood hanging over her. She saw a light shining on the top floor. “That’s strange,” she thought. “That room has never had its light on before.” Sadie decided to investigate.

She hopped over the fence and climbed up a long vine until she finally reached the top. With all her might Sadie pulled the attic window open and quietly climbed over the dusty ledge onto an unpainted, flaky floor.
Across the attic, a stack of boxes fell. “Yikes,” Sadie screamed a bit too loud.

Further and further into the mysterious attic she went until she found a pile of old books just pleading to be read. The boxes loomed over her as she studied the books.

Suddenly, an emerald coloured book fluttered off the shelf. Sadie gasped as it spoke to her in perfect English. She tried to close the book and put it back on the rustic shelf, but hesitated when the book’s voice dropped into a deep whisper. “Please leave me open and then tomorrow I’ll grant you any wish you want.” Sadie was delighted and quietly left the attic.

Later that evening, Sadie asked herself, “What should I wish for? I have so much already.” She got annoyed again and went to ask her mother what she would wish for. But of course she was on the phone. Sadie sighed. She went to phone her Dad to ask what he would wish for. But of course he didn’t answer the phone. She thought and thought but no wish came to her.

The next morning, Sadie awoke to a ray of sunshine floating through her window. She saw a family of birds outside in their nest having fun. Suddenly, a brilliant wish came to her. She climbed back up the vine to the attic. The emerald book awoke and asked her for her wish. Sadie announced joyfully, “I wish my parents were back together sharing everything while watching me play with my new school friends".

The book flew up into the air, flapped its pages and then disappeared. Just then, Sadie heard her parents laughing downstairs while greeting one of her friends. After this, Sadie had a much better life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!