Never Together



"GET UP LUCUS!" Veronica yelled as she watched the school bus rumble down towards them. "FINE GET TO SCHOOL ANOTHER WAY THEN YOU LAZY IDIOT!" Veronica ran to the front yard and plastered on a fake smile to impress Jake. She flicked her long, blonde hair and slowly stepped onto the rotten bus. Veronica stared at Jake, she blushed as he glanced at her and smirked. They both blushed and looked away to hide their embarrassment. Veronica thought about her life, and what it would be like to marry Jake, have beautiful children with coffee skin and gorgeous hazel eyes. And then...she remembered her Aunty,' that old brat thinks she can just include herself in my life, she murdered my parents the year after I was born!' Thought Veronica. A shiny, clear tear slowly slipped down Veronica's pale face. Suddenly she felt the chair lower as someone sat down next to her. Veronica looked up and saw a handsome face, they both smiled,

"Hey Veronica" said the beautiful face.
"Hey Jake..." Smiled Veronica as she blushed uncontrollably.
"Why the wet eyes, Pretty?"
"I started thinking of my awful aunty, she murdered my mum...and my dad. But... Jake?”
"Yeah sweetheart? " He replied.
"Can I tell you something, something secret?" Asked Veronica. Contemplating whether she should tell Jake or not.
"Of course you can, your secret is my secret," He giggled and rubbed his hand down Veronica's hair. The soft blonde hair slid through his soft fingers.


"My mum, she left a box, a box for me to find. And yesterday...I found that box. It was beautiful, but..."Veronica stopped as she began crying, she held Jake's hand, somehow she felt better.
"But inside the box," she continued, "It had a note, the note said how much she loved me, and that me and Lucas aren’t the only children she had, Jake, I have another brother. “Said Veronica, beginning to cry.


"It’s okay Veronica, I’ll help you find who he is, don't worry, I also have no mother, she “died” when I was 1, at least that’s what I was told," He slowly leaned towards Veronica, she leaned towards him, they looked into each other’s eyes for what seemed like forever, and then, they kissed, it was magical, but…it felt wrong. Eventually Jake broke the awkward silence.
"Hey Veronica, I'm really in love with you, we are both only eighteen but I truly think I am!" said Jake, blushing.
"Really!? Because I'm in love with you too!" Exclaimed Veronica, amazed.
"Um… Veronica, just a random question but…what was your mum’s name?" Questioned Jake.
"Cathy," replied Veronica,
"Weird because my mum’s name was Cathy. And she is also dead." Said Jake.
"Wait! When was your mum born?" Asked Veronica as she suddenly sat up off Jake's shoulder.
"1975."Jake said, confused.
"Jake, I think I know who my brother is," Veronica finally announced after five minutes.
"Who, Darling?" Jake questioned stroking Veronica’s face with his soft hand.
"You are my brother Jake.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!