Nerves

I was at the spelling bee in Melbourne. I knew it would be hard but I was ready for the challenge. I had studied all this time but I just had to spell a word wrong and I am out. There was a big crowd watching me and my competitors.
I had got this far and I had done well already and I was going up against some of the hardest people around the world. All I had was a white board and my brain. I was so nervous, l was so scared .What happens if I get one letter wrong it could be all over for me. It was coming up to the finals I could loose it now. It was nearly my turn.
We were in the finals I was so scared, I was sweating, my clothes were drenched. It was like I just went for a shower in my clothes. My hair was so wet, I was shaking so much. I had so much pressure on me.
I was trying to remember back to the sheet of paper on my bedroom table trying to remember what the words were on the sheet and how to spell it. The kid in front of me went up he had ten seconds to spell his word, he got it correct.
It was my go. I walked up to the stage I was so nervous it could be all over for me, I could get it correct I could get it wrong. He gave me the word the timer started ticking down it got to five and I stared to spell the word out did I get it correct.
I was thinking back to my sheet. The person started talking you have got this far and you have done so well you have got it……..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!