Never

Crash! I heard the angry villagers behind me. I stumbled onto a huge slimy, damp stone. I peered over the edge, it was a waterfall and lake. This is my only chance. I could jump or I could be burned at the stake by the villagers. Then before I could make the decision I saw the angry villagers with sweaty faces and bright torches with flaming balls of fire on each torch. I was petrified. I scurried behind a huge mossy rock and stayed as still as a tree in a dark forest and waited, hoping desperately that the villagers would see that there was no one there and leave. The forest was silent for just a small moment and then suddenly I felt the horrifying movement of my hiding place being lifted up.

With my brain not thinking at that moment I scrambled to the edge of the damp precipice and let myself roll down, down and splashed into the lake. It was freezing and deep. I had heard legends of young women being dropped into this very lake in the olden days but I never thought I would be one of those poor young women who perished on the very lake bottom that I was floating ten metres above. I shivered but not from the cold but from the feeling that I was slowly sinking to the bottom of the black cold lake. My lungs were bursting as I said my last words: I shall never see the light of day again, never, never.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!