The Kookaburra Pirate

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

There was once a little kookaburra who wanted to be a pirate. So, she asked her mum if she could go to Pirate School.
The next day her mum stopped the bus and asked the bus driver if he knew of a Pirate School for Kookaburras, and would he be able to take little Kookaburra there. The bus driver said “yes”, so off she went.
On her first day at Pirate School, the little Kookaburra was given an eye patch. Her first lesson was to learn to fly with the patch on and not crash. The trees at the school were made of rubber, which was lucky because the little Kookaburra crashed, more than once. Luckily, she didn’t get hurt.
The next day she learned how to sail a pirate ship but this time, she did not crash. While she was a learner pirate, she had to listen to her captain. The captain would yell “Turn the boat starboard”, so they didn’t crash into some rocks. Then he’d yell “hard to port”, so they would miss hitting another ship. Kookaburra liked sailing the ship because the big sails made it go fast. After spending the day sailing the captain directed her to take the ship back to the jetty to dock.
The following day, the little Kookaburra graduated from Pirate School. Now she is a real Pirate! When she graduated she was given an eye patch that she had to wear and her very own pirate ship if she wanted one. And she really did.
The little kookaburra was very excited to go home and tell her Mum that she was now a Pirate. Her dad had been away at work for two months, but he’d just got home today. He said, “Why are you wearing an eye patch Little Kookaburra?” The little kookaburra answered, “I have been at Pirate School dad, and now I am a Pirate. Would you like to come out on my Pirate Ship with me Dad?”
“Yes, I really want to” said Dad. Then the little Kookaburra turned to Mum and said “Do you want to come too, Mum?” “Oh, yes please” said Mum.
So the Kookaburra family went down to the pirate ship. Grandma and Grandpa Kookaburra were there too. Little Kookaburra asked her Grandparents if they wanted to come aboard. “Of course” said Grandma and Grandpa, so they both flew onto the ship.
They sailed to the other side of the river in the rain, but when they got there the river was rising. It busted over the embankment and now the roads were flooded with water. Little Kookaburra had to save fifty people. She lowered the plank so they could come aboard, but there were too many to save. So she had to do a couple of trips to save the town.
Little Kookaburra was proud of herself for saving all those people and was happy to be a Pirate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!