Magic In The Rainforest

Once there lived a kind elegant lady called Laura. Laura lived near a rainforest in a little hut. She was unlucky for several reasons. First, she was poor. Second, she had no baby. And if two reasons weren’t enough there was a third reason that she was unlucky. The third reason that she was unlucky was that her husband was blind.

Now let’s agree this was a really unlucky lady …

One magical day, Laura and her family were starving, so Laura went into the rainforest to get some berries. She kissed her husband goodbye, grabbed her basket and went into the rainforest.

Deeper and deeper, further and further into the rainforest. The more deeper and further she went the more scare she became. The wind started blowing around her. Suddenly, in the distance she saw an animal. She turned around walk back home but then she remembered that she had to get food for her family. So, she walked slowly. She crept into the woods then she saw that it was a tiger! He had a thorn in his foot. Suddenly, the tiger turned to Laura and spoke to her in human language.

“Please, if you help me get this thorn out I will grant you one wish,” begged the tiger.
After the tiger said that, Laura carefully pulled the thorn out of his foot. ”Thank you, now what wish shall I give you?” asked the tiger.
“I don’t know,” replied Laura.
“Meet me here tomorrow and give me your wish. If you don’t have your wish then I will be gone,” said the tiger sternly.
Laura started walking home. She asked what her husband would wish for. “Oh I would wish for new eyes, so I could see,” replied her husband.

Suddenly, she had an idea. She knew exactly what she was going to wish for. The next day Laura walked into the rainforest and she saw the tiger. “Oh there you are Laura, what is your wish?” asked the tiger.
“I wish my husband could see me rocking our baby in a diamond cradle,” replied Laura.

Laura heard a sound of a baby crying. Laura then was a much luckier lady.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!