The Enchanted Woods

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

I entered the woods as I did once ago, yearning to see it again the last time I saw its beauty was as a child, but a chilled breeze crawled along my back and I could feel that something had gone wrong.
As I wondered deeper I saw desiccated trees lurking in the shadows they seemed unhappy and dead, years ago I would feel that they were happy as I would roll around in there ember leaves (with not a disturbance unlike this one) walking further I see a crow lurking around me with his beady eyes squinting at me as he flapped around ruthlessly I remembered the beautiful blue birds singing there enchanted melody, it was like a music box that would only play for me I would fall asleep to the beautiful tune I would feel safe bundled up in the ancient canopy.
I walked a little further and “ouch!” I looked down to the unpleasant site of a Stinging Nettle curling around my leg I hesitantly kicked It off I thought about the Roses and Pansies that would dance around in the wind and how I would gather them for the dinner table.
But at the end of the forest I saw the cave that held a stone that would glow and illuminate the cave and kept the forest serene, I slowly wondered deeper in the deep dark cave no glow no nothing it was so eerie it made me feel nauseous, as I made it to the core of the cave I saw wooden hand carving holing the gem, I crept closer to see there was crack with light seeping through my heart stopped slowly a tear ran down my cheek I froze, I cried, I lost, and I slowly collapsed, I could hear my heart beat thump….thump…..thump then it stopped my family never saw me again….. That day I felt I as a part of the forest as my body turned to wood I was a part of the forest forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!