Fallen Bloodline

This story starts with a single bloodline, and the fate good or bad it maybe, this is the story of the fallen bloodline.
‘Legend has it that before the great divide of good and bad, the creatures and dwellers lived in peace. Back then life was much simpler. When the world was right.’ You may call me crazy old fool for believing in such old “fairy tales”, but remember, “tales and legends how foolish they may seem, they ring with truth how peculiar it maybe”
*yawn* “what is the story about daddy?” said Miu.
“Well” began James.
“That’s a tough question I will tell you when you’re older I promise.”
“Ok daddy.”
And with that said Miu fell into the great world of imagination and sleep.
Many years passed after that faithful day, Miu never forgot the promise her father made to her. But alas as the years went on as James grew weaker and weaker each day. With no mother around to help her dying father, and no money to even keep them going for much longer there was nothing Miu could do, but sit and watch her father grow weaker every day.
It was now December 13th, the day Miu turned 18. The night before it had snowed and covered the small town of Hedlum, Russia. The snow had blanketed the town in knee high glossy white powder. Miu sat by the window thinking like she always did, she thought about how the day might go and how much time father had left.
Miu was so deep in thought she didn’t hear anything until, *crash* a loud crash entered her thoughts, she jumped slightly.
“Where did that come from,” she said.
Miu ran as fast as she could down the windy stairs, slipping on the tiles and finally down the narrow hall to her father’s room. She was shocked with what she saw. It was her father lying on the floor near the side table, she tried to help him up but he kept pushing her away until he said this.
*cough* “Miu there is something I must tell you, we don’t have much time *cough* do you remember the legend I use to tell you when you were younger.”
“Why that’s just a fairy tale isn’t it?”
“No, it’s real that legend is linked with our ancestors *cough* THE BOOK I need to get the book.”
“Hold on dad slow down ok, you’re unwell and need to rest.”
“NO I CAN’T I NEED TO GET THE BOOK BEFORE THEY DO!”
“Who dad, before who?”
At this time I thought my dad was crazy but he sounded serious.
“Miu, I need you to find the book called ‘Elvin Blood’ it will tell you what you need to know, goodbye.”
Those were the last words my father said before he died, I knew what I had to do. I had to find the book.
“I promise i'll make you proud father, I promise.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!