I Love You

Ava was everything her parents could ever wish for. Ava was 8 now and she had her parents’ attention all the time. But now, her mother was expecting not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 children. Quadruplets!
Soon, the big day came. Ava was at home with Gran anxiously waiting for Mum and babies. She felt upset her family was going to have more children. Soon, everything would revolve around Tommy, Michael, Jackson and William. She was right.
Years passed quickly and the boys were all 6-years-old. ALL TROUBLEMAKERS! Tommy always made a mess. Michael threw chocolate wrappers everywhere. Jackson would dig millions of holes in the garden trying to find gold. Lastly, William the worst, would go about breaking things and blame it on others. Ava was furious!
It was a beautiful morning. Perfect for revenge. Once the boys were awake, Ava walked up to them and said, “I will be taking you on a secret trip today.” They looked at each other, then simply said, “Okay”.
Ava led them to the bus stop where she bought four one way tickets to Gran’s place. She told them they were going to spend their day at Gran’s and the four of them nodded half listening. Soon, the bus arrived and the boys hopped on. As the bus was about to leave they noticed that their sister wasn’t on there with them. They kept on shouting to her but Ava ignored. They were Gran’s problem now.
When the boys had arrived, the front door was closed, but not locked. Gran wasn’t home. They walked around the house for a while then found a huge glass jar filled with cookies. It was on a table where they could just reach. The four of them looked at each other and grinned. William stood on the tip of his toes, reached up for the jar, but he lost his balance and fell forward knocking over the table. The jar fell and cookies spilled everywhere. The quadruplets bolted towards the cookies, grabbed a handful and started gobbling them down as fast as possible. Suddenly, after a few bites they felt faint then collapsed to the ground.

At home, Ava knew she was forgetting something. Then it hit her, Gran
was in Paris! She raced out of the house and to the bus stop and bought one ticket to Gran’s place. She arrived, and at her feet, saw the boys lying on the lounge floor, lifeless. One by one she shook them as hard as she could to wake them up but it didn’t work. Then she had an idea. Ava went into the shed and found a wheelbarrow, into which she put the boys.

As soon as she got home she placed the boys onto their beds then started crying, and said “I should never had sent you to Gran’s by yourself, this is my fault. This might not seem true, but I love you guys I really do.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!