Taking Shelter

Taking shelter (from Dad)
“Pass me the mug Parker” said Ben. I got Dad’s favourite mug and dropped it, “oops” I said. Ben yelled “Parker, What are we going to do?” I thought for a while but I couldn’t think, the beer stench we too strong. I went to my bedroom and thought for a while longer, then it hit me, we could go to the forest. Ben thought this was a great idea so we told mum that we wanted to go. We got excited and rang the school. When they got on the bus this morning everyone was talking about the trip. Our bags took up most of the space on the bus so some people had to stand up. At the forest we all lined up to get our cabins, (I got in Ben’s cabin). I took one of the top bunks and Ben slipped right in underneath me and we all went to sleep.
I got up this morning to go to breakfast, then I realised how bad the food was, so I just skipped breakfast. I went to check out the place, when the tree I’m standing next to falls on me I had a fractured leg, I had to go to the nurse to get some crutches and a bandage after that I was back in the cabin.

I got ready to have dinner, I didn’t have anything to eat that day so I just figured I’ll have it even if it was terrible. Just as I imaged, terrible, we had chicken Sntitzel, the chicken reeked and it gave me food poisoning. One of the teachers had to get their phone and go on the food poisoning cure app, it said that the closest thing that cured food poisoning was the cure heart underground. I had to go underground and I almost died about twenty times. I had to fight bears, crocodiles and tigers but I finally found the heart, but a bear got before I could get it. I had to chase it down to lava, the bear had jumped over a massive hole and threw the heart in the lava but just before it went in I jumped for it. I grabbed the heart and sprang myself to the nearby cave, I made it, just, I ate the heart and I felt automatically better.

When I got back the teachers said that we had to cut the trip short. When I got home that day guess what dad isn’t even mad. “so your telling me that had a tree fall on me and get food poisoning for nothing”. “Yep” said dad. I even got a new mug while I was away.” Really”. Yep. Whatever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!