Unlikely Destiny

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

She closed her eyes and made a wish. It was childish. It was a superstition. It was her childish superstition. This time it was different. It was a different kind of wish. One that she had never dared to make. Please. Please. Please. She opened her eyes and blew the eyelash into the distance of the night. Never in here wildest dreams did she believe that this would be the start of a new chapter in her life. A different one. She lay down on her crumpled sheets and feel into a sleep like no other... Little did she know that this eyelash would bring two together. Fulfilling a destiny that was waiting to be complete.

The eyelash drifted into the dark night. Up and into the sky. Watching over the quiet heads and loud voices. Watching over the dreamers and lovers. Watching over the sad and lonely. Watching the people who weren’t allowed to fit in because that’s the way destiny crafted them.
He shut his eyes. Ready for change. He stared into the night. The sky was a black drape, shielding the moonlight from seeping through. He was stuck here. Destined to be here for an eternity…or so he thought. He never realised that success would hunt him down in his darkest days and a ray of sunshine was assigned to him. The ray of sunshine he deserved and longed for.

Two people were destined for each other. Their wishes flew gracefully into the night sky and entangled with each other. Waiting for their time. Waiting for the right moment. Yet the hardships and struggles would not end. They would face the same obstacles and challenges as everyone else. Pain and struggle are inevitable in a world like this, but we all have to believe that we have a purpose. A reason. A destiny.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!