Family

I sat in a soft, comfortable, moving seat. The leather seat belt felt as if it were squeezing me.
I saw the kind face of my adopted mother turn around to look at me. Her blue eyes glimmered in the warm sun. Her orange hair was up in a messy bun, with stray curls falling aside her face. Her lovely smile made her look like someone I had known for years.
I smiled, she smiled back.
She reached towards me with something in her hands. A soft, cuddly toy.
“Koala,” she said, pointing.
I nodded, even though I could hardly understand her.
The car stopped. I looked out the window and all the world had stopped moving too. I carefully climbed down from the car and stumbled to a big brown door. I turned the door knob and could barely believe how big inside was and how many things were in it.
My mother started pointing to strange objects I had never seen before.
“Lounge,” she said, in a soft, kind voice.
I nodded, still unsure. She showed me to my room. It was bigger than the house I used to live in. On the blue-painted wall lay a map of India, with all types of Indian things scattered around the room to comfort me. But still, I couldn’t think of anything better than to be back with my family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!