Olive Branch

I put pen to paper, writing to you, like many times before,
But not a word will come to me, but the tearful, raging blasphemy, you said to me, it cuts me to the core.
I want to write down how I feel, get this off my chest.
But my page remains empty. How can I explain this best?
What did I do to you? Am I the cause of all this hate?
I wish you'd stop playing games with me and tell it to me straight.
This feeling of an eternity, an infinity of treachery, fighting the enemy, no taste of victory, just jealousy and misery, resentment and disloyalty, leading us to tragedy, let’s not play this game.
I will be there for you, that’s what friends are for, But when, for a shoulder, I came to you, you showed me to the door.
If I did something wrong, I apologise, but you need to recognise, that I’m not here to empathise your petty little alibies. Surely, I’m not all to blame.
Yes, I am angry - and sad too.
This can’t be how it ends after all we’ve been through.
Not just like friends, only companions in play.
But more like family, there to share our darkest day.
Now to each other, friends are always true, so understand that I can’t just let this be,
Because I know I’ve got a friend in YOU, and you’ve always got a friend in ME.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!