Jack And Jill- A Horror


The sky was streaked and hued by a brilliant yellow, the rising sun illuminating the lifeless landscape. A flock of white silhouettes glided across the sky, their beautiful wings slicing the snow-like clouds. She appeared in the park, a willowy figure with her head wrapped in a bright red scarf. She was skipping along the flower-edged lane. Oh how beautiful she was! Her eyes were like two drops of coffee on a cloud of milk framed by thick, long and dark lashes. Felix looked at her and nearly lost himself. There was something solemn in her eyes. Her fresh, dark brown eyes held a secret that was unperceivable. Felix tried looking at her harder, but he could not determine what was worrying her. She ambled along modestly, carrying a pail of water. He on the other hand, was carrying a ruck-sack on his back, going the other way. He turned back to look at her once more, but this time she looked back as well.

“Excuse me. What’s your name young lady?” he chivalrously said.

Her eyes bore into his, and she looked at him as if he had asked a question he shouldn’t have.

“Oh, I am Jill,” she replied in a melodious voice.
He could discern that she possessed a reticent and submissive demeanour through her meek eyes.

“Would you like some help with the bucket you are carrying?”

She placidly handed him the bucket and her lips lifted upwards into a deceptive and ominous smile. She immediately took the scarf covering her face off. Then he saw it. Bloody. Scarred. Blood-Curdling.
Pure horror and fear surged through his veins and curled up inside him as he saw what she had been hiding the entire time. The girl, or whatever she was, began to stifle a high, cold cackle, piercing the once tranquil landscape. A pair of long, slender, bony and frail hands began to near him.

“You fool!” she yelled, showing an ugly and twisted expression on her face.

“Everyone falls into the trap of beholding my beauty. It’s inevitable. I knew you would look at me because so have the other three unlucky men. About a decade back I walked this very lane. My friend, Jack, who is about the same age and height as you, pushed me down that hill. It was a planned, callous murder. The very next morning farmers found me at the bottom of the hill with a cracked open skull and a twisted spine. They said I was all bones. But death is never the end, it’s just a new beginning. I lived after my death, but I discovered that I was invisible to all except the men. I have to brutally and barbarically kill another soul who shall then lurk this lane, looking for another victim to suffer the same fate.”

She let out another raucous cackle. Her laughter was hysterical; the kind that makes your blood run cold. Her twisted smile then fell lifeless, allowing her face to become savage.
“You are my victim!”
Dread crept over Felix. A shiver ran through her spine, like a bolt of electricity. He immediately turned away in an attempt to run, but something grasped him. He could feel the razor-sharp fingers digging thoroughly into his flesh. Blood gushed out of his hands and oozed down his fingers and with that she gave him a hefty shove.

“Jack and Jill went up the hill”
“To fetch a pail of water”

Her deep booming voice reverberated in his ear as he plunged down the hill shrieking in terror…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!