The Extra-Terrestrial Theives

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

I’m not going to lie. This isn’t a happy story. This is the account of how I was mercilessly robbed of countless hours of labour, robbed of the product of my blood, sweat and tears into. I had almost succeeded. My mission was in the final stage. Deliver. Just minutes, it would all have been over.
I was shaping out to be a normal day. A god one, if anything. I had that unusual glimmer in my eyes, skip in my step. Little did I know, that was the last time I would skip for a long while. I get a bit blurry from here on out. Like they had intercepted my brain and altered my memory. I couldn’t move my body, or at least I don’t think I could. Everything was numb. I tried to run; I tried to scream; I tried everything. I was just standing there. It felt like hours passed, like I was cursed to watch eternity fly past me and never harness the joy of living life again.
Then it appeared. The dim green glow, illuminating everything around it. Transforming the surroundings to unnoticeable background. Only the glow mattered in that moment. Everything else that had ever existed had lost all purpose. It was just me and the light. It was a warm and tingly feeling, like the touch of the first rays of warmth and purity as the sun creeps up from behind the horizon. I felt the ground disappear from under my feet as I was lifted up by the beam. The warmth started to fade. Making way for a different feeling. As the beam ended, my whole world had changed perspective. No longer a happy world, no longer a world with purpose. Just a world of sadness.
A strange foreign sound interrupted my thoughts. I couldn’t see anything, just darkness, the only thing I knew was that the document was gone. Thieved by a coward, in the dark, not facing it’s victim. One second it was there, the next it wasn’t. I didn’t know anything in that moment. Just that I couldn’t see or think. I could feel. I could feel a squishy, no, slimy substance, rising from my ankles. The feeling was disappearing from my limbs. Only one thing existed in that moment, the noise. The noise was incomparable. I’ll try. It was like all the unpleasant sounds in the world had merged together, forks on plates, nails on chalkboards, all together at once.
My vision clouded, I passed out. The next thing I knew I was back where I started. Back on the way to school. I don’t know what happened. Was it a prank, was it psychic trauma, was it extra-terrestrial activity? Yes, it was. It was the extra-terrestrial thieves.
This is the one hundred percent true story of why I don’t have my homework.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!