Hope

She sat and stared at her dainty watch, the rust overpowering the gold,
She knew that time was close in reach, but she couldn’t quite get hold,
Who knew this woman was an anxious mother waiting for the war to end?
Who knew her son was a soldier in threat with nothing left to lend.

The saddened mother had no contact, leaving her clueless once again,
She had no caring alternative family, leaving her lonely with no friend.
The woman was a nervous wreck, no courage did she hold,
Yet in this nightmare in Russia, there were others not too bold.

The son soon died of a gunshot, the mother still not knowing,
Though the mother’s pain and fear for her son would never stop growing.
The agony of not knowing where her son was had buckled her up inside.
And a lot more nervous relatives soon had lost their pride.

Soon the war was over and the mother had waited hours,
At the ancient, robust station overlooking large opaque towers,
The son had promised her that he would meet her there as soon as the battle concluded,
But to her heartache, she waited and waited until she was left excluded…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!