Letter To My Dearest Friend

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

Dear Fred,
If you have been wondering why I haven’t been at school these days, this letter will enlighten you.
At this moment I feel like an isolated rowboat, languid and fatigued, struggling to drift back home. I been diagnosed with the life-threatening disease, M20 and have been informed that the beastly, baleful bacteria inside my heart attacks me by devouring my blood and heartbeat. It originates from the ancient Greek creature the Minotaur.
If you contract this disease, there will be some specific symptoms you must examine. You firstly begin displaying violet rashes and have a high temperature. In the secondary stage, your left thigh will become swollen and you will both internally AND externally bleed. Sometimes, this disease even causes me to stop breathing!
I have fainted at least two times since I arrived at this desolated hospital. If I slowly trudge out of my tiny room, I would incite a pandemic and could even annihilate the entire world! Right now, I can hear the chattering of the surgeon, his harpy screams piercing my ears. Shining like the beautiful sun, light shadowed the curtains like a puppet show. Feeling the vibration of the raging heart beat monitor, fighting valiantly to save a patient’s life; the overwhelming bleach fragrance radiated like a nuclear wave from the cleaner’s cramped closet. The crying of patients, tears of families, were floods of pain swiftly spreading like wildfire everywhere.
Grey lifeless walls eyed me mysteriously. From my quarantined room, I feel segregated from all my beloved friends and family. Trapped in a private clandestine hospital, where there are hundreds of pristine rooms in the long, narrow corridors. When you are reading this letter, I assume that I would be located to a new room. The room is illuminated by a spark of hope and life, but the only thing or object that hope did not shine on was me. Silhouettes of the hot chocolate machine waltzed beautifully in the flittering light. When I pulled my lazy, lamenting legs to the window, I threw open the crimson curtains. The luminous sun smiled sympathetically at me. Just at me. It was like the sun was personified, knowing and understanding my emotions and feelings. My memories of the good old days at school are now leaving me. Tears dripped down my velvet cheeks. The vivid flowers, just beyond the glimmering glass, sang harmoniously in the zephyr of my sombre emotions.
On the bright side, scientists have constructed a robot for companionship. The robot is made from impenetrable steel. Its knowledge was based on scientific research and can mostly do anything such as radar sensors. They can detect my pain and automatically dial the nurses outside. He also carries me snacks or lunch from the outside kitchen if I need it.
Don’t worry about a thing because many doctors are researching to find a cure to fight this disease. Please reply Fred before I may obliterate and destroy the entire globe.
Your best friend,
Mitchell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!