Cursed Cindy

This tale starts with a girl who lives in the woods with her annoyingly stupid family.
“Cindy!” yelled Tahliah (her mother) “bring me the phone, I need to call 432 190 665”.
Cindy entered the room carrying the old family telephone. She set it down on the table beside her mother and was about to leave the room when Tahliah called her back. “How do you call 432 190 665?” Cindy sighed. Her family were such idiots. She stood there for 16 minutes telling her mother the phone number.

Now that you have got an idea of how stupid her family were let’s get to the good part of the story.
Cindy had a curse that she had had since she was born. This power allowed her to have to always say the wrong things and embarrass herself. Now you might think that this is not a bad curse but Cindy knew things differently.
It was Monday and Cindy was chatting to her only friend (Charlotte who also had a curse) When they were interrupted by Ms Fire- burp (the English teacher) she asked Charlotte if she could talk to Cindy alone and when Charlotte came back she had a frown on her face.
“Hey Cindy,” Yelled Charlotte. “Why not turn that frown… Upside down?”

Cindy sat down and glared at her best friend.
“Ms Fire-burp asked me to give an ANZAC presentation in front of the whole school!” she said miserably.
“That’s great!” was Charlottes reply.
“How am I, the worst speaker in the school, supposed to give a presentation in front of the school?”
“Maybe it will be good practice.”
Before Cindy could talk back the school bell rang and the girls went inside.
All through class Cindy was thinking about her presentation and she got in trouble by Mr Obviski for not listening.
“Cindy Carta!” He yelled. “What is the Square route of 81?”
“Ummm…. 7, 9?” she answered.
“Come outside now!”
Cindy walked to the door and went outside.
“What is the problem?” he asked
Cindy took a deep breath and told Mr Obviski about the ANZAC presentation.
“All you have to do is get over your nerves.” He told her gently.

It was the day of the presentation and Cindy had spent the whole week getting over her nerves with Charlotte.
“Everyone please take your seats!” said vice Principal Isabelle. “Cindy Carta will now give an ANZAC presentation.”
Cindy took a glance at her best friend in the crowd and walked on stage.
“Hello, and welcome to Murray High Wall Public School or MHW for short.” said Cindy. She was making a good start and a smiled appeared on her face as her friend gave her the thumbs up. She started to gain confidence. “My name is Cindy Carta and I am going to give a presentation on ANZAC. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.” After Cindy had started she went on for ages showing slides and gives talks. “Thank you for coming and listening to my speech.” She finished
Everyone cheered and clapped as Cindy walked off stage. After this everyone was asking Cindy for help with ANZAC study and Charlotte was taking charge and said this was a good career.
Later at home Cindy had also managed to make a phone book for her mother and a cook book for her older brother (who wanted to be a chef).
Cindy was happy and she could never be downcast because her best friend was always by her side.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!