Scary Ghost Story

“I’m exhausted,” I told Mum and Dad as I walked up the hallway to bed.
I climbed into bed, pulled the blankets over me and snuggled down with just my eyes peering out. The next minute I saw this white thing appear in my room and it start swirling above my head. My eyes flew wide open and I leapt out of bed and sprinted to mum and dad.
I told them what I saw and they said to me, “Stop dreaming.”
As I walked down the hallway, I could hear the swooshh of the ghost moving through me. It felt like it was going to mum and dad’s room but it wasn’t. I was feeling so scared that I was shaking and shivering and I tried to not think about it, but I couldn’t get it out of my head. I tried so hard to grab the ghost, but it was way too fast for me.
“AHH, AHH! Please help, Mum, I need you. There is a ghost haunting me. It’s saying that I have no friends, but I do. This ghost is just one fat, dumb liar.”
I refused to go to my room on my own, so I went and slept with mum and dad. It followed and was still trying to get me. I tried to catch the ghost, but my hand went right through it.
I ran to the bathroom then I saw a huge daddy ghost.
“No! There are ghosts everywhere in this house. This is a ghost house, not for people to live in.”
I crept out of the bathroom and went straight outside to sleep with my dog because there were too many ghosts inside for me. At least there were no ghosts outside in the dog kennel. I curled up with my dog on the dog’s bed and tried to sleep. The next moment I was frightened by a horrendous smell and a wet feeling on my cheek. I opened my eyes and I was staring into the brown eyes of my dog. It was morning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!