Polly The Parrot

I was in bed when I heard a big thump on the window glass. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window as fast as I could. I looked out of the window and there it was, a baby parrot. It looked hurt, so I ran downstairs and on my way down, grabbed a small blanket. I ran outside with the small blanket in my hand. When I got to the parrot, I gently picked it up and carried it inside and put it in a little box.
Mum came downstairs to see what the fuss was about. She had seen me run outside. I was still not knowing what to do.
Mum looked at me funny and said, “What is behind your back?”
I finally gave in and said, “I did not know what happened. I heard a big thump on the glass and looked out and the parrot had hurt itself. I had to go and help it.”
“Ok,” mum said, “we can look after it, but it’s your responsibility. First you need to think of a name for it.”
“I know, I know. Polly!” I cried.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!