Floating But Drifting

"I hate you" were the last words his mother said to his father as they jumped in the car heading for a safe place. Now Oscar found himself in the state of Mississippi it was alien to him.

Oscar was exploring the great Mississippi and he thought "why don't I build a raft and have some fun". Then he was finished with the raft and jumped on, it was floating but drifting. Oscar didn't notice that he was out on the main when a huge steam boat crashed into him. He was under water his head getting hit by the boat nearly 12 feet under. It was dark on the shoreline of a nearby island. It could have been 4 hours since he was on the raft, all he knew was that he needed to find shelter.

It was the next day, he had finished his shelter. Oscar knew he needed food and water, he was hungry. He went searching for food and water and found some berries but they were yellow and didn't look safe. He soon found some sweet onions and a pool of water, he took some back to his shelter. Oscar got back to his shelter as it started to rain and set down some of the onions .It was now day 3 when he thought to make a fire to signal for help by using smoke. Oscar spent the rest of the day feeding the fire wood. It was getting late when Oscar heard a rustling noise in the bushes. He decided to get inside his shelter and wait out the night. When Oscar woke up the next morning all his onions where gone and he had nothing to eat. It was day 4 late in the afternoon when a boat drove passed Oscar waved it over. The boat drivers name was Jimmy Richardson and he was willing to take Oscar home.

Oscar got home his mum was like "where you been buddy". Oscar said "I been adventuring for a couple of days mamma". "Was it fun buddy?"

"Yes mamma".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!