What Ghost?

It had been over 12 hours since he had come to this ghoulish town. All the Angry thoughts at his parents for abandoning him with his stupid, poor cousins. The town disgusted Carter from the moment he arrived from Provo-Orem, Utah, America. The first thing Carter said was "where are the mansions”, which made his uncle laugh. Carter coming from a rich family looked nothing like his cousin he was a tall, broad boy who always wore a Utah jazz shirt, while his cousin was a dirty boy who looked younger then he actually was, Carter didn't know how they were related. He sat in the dark room and thought about his parents and what they did to him. He hated this town.

Carter closed his eyes, and everything went purple, the voice in his head was quickly driving him insane, it said in an eerie, voice "come to me", Carter pressed his hands against his temples "Come to me" they said louder "COME TO ME!" It said so loud that it forced open his eyes with immense pain, his head throbbed his body ached. His cousin stood in shock, probably thinking that he was crazy, his cousin backed off and ran to the kitchen. The pale Carter ran out of the house expecting to be reported, so he ran through the town until he found himself at a weird hospital, the Voice yelled In a creepy voice "come to me". He walked in.

It was a huge, dark room with doors metres apart. Carter looked to the ceiling, three levels of Doors. He walked on, the closer he came to the end the louder the call became. When he reached the end it was silent, the first time it was silent since his parents stole his life away. He had a peek inside the door and saw a purple figure, he walked in the cell and it disappeared. He waked out of the room and in the distance on one of the levels he heard a door slam and from that moment he knew, he was not alone.

He ran down the Corridor of which he came and finally reached the door, he was so relieved when he pushed the doors open or at least tried to, the doors were locked, a wave of Fear brushed over him. He looked back down the corridor and saw the figure a gain he ran at full pace into the cell not knowing what he had done, the door closed behind him like lightning, Carter screamed and then the door opened again, his cousin was standing there grinning. Carter punched him and winded him, his cousin fell and laughed. "So it was all a joke", his cousin nodded. He walked through the town "How did you make the ghost" Carter said "what ghost?" His cousin replied.

He remembered that figure until the day he died, his final breath repeated "Come to me".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!