School Captain Speech

My nerves were flowing through my head, slowly but soulfully making its way down to my toes. The sound of turning pages, echoing through the nearly empty room. Everyone reciting their speeches, with excitement and nerves. I saw lines of students full of adrenaline, walking through two sets of glass doors, lined with shining red. All of a sudden, I felt certain I couldn't do it, surely I would mess up, yet I made it ... My speech came and went like a flash of light.
The audience was a crowded stadium, hundreds of gleaming eyes silently waiting for me to speak. I spoke fluently, yet nervously, the words coming out like flowing water. Just for a second, I felt happy, I felt I would be forever regretful if I didn't run. It was a sensational feeling. When I finished, I felt the forever shining sun had lit up again, a great ball of relief, had bounced into my shaking body. I felt my heart hammering with happiness, as the audience applauded. I knew my invisible footsteps, would forever lay on that stage, as I made history.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!