Doom's Day

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

It was a bitter cold morning. Mist clung in the air making it hard to see, but the main problem was that I was lost.
One moment I was in my car the next thing I knew I was in the middle of... I don't know, all that I knew that I was lost.
I called "anybody there?" Instead of an answer a blue figure came out of the mist. It was at least two meters tall and said something like "D!E!" Instead of dying I ran for it.
The mist was so thick there I did not see a dark object in front of me. BAM! I crashed into it and fell to the ground.
An outraged noise came from the object I just hit while two identical monster heads came right out from the mist. When the mist seemed to have more important matters as it all left and I soon knew why.
Another head was blowing fire in circles. When all the mist was clear it joined the other two heads. Now I had a clear look at the beast my best gest was that it was that it was a three headed dragon. A Hydra. Great I thought now not only a blue person to deal with but a three headed dragon to. The scaled beast swung its tail at me but I was wide of the shot
Right there and then I came up with a stupid plan but a plan is better than nothing ... right? So I charged at the beast and jumped.
I managed to clip my hands on the monsters nose and as quickly as I could haul myself up and run along the scaly head and got a good grip on the horn and I was happy about that because it started trashing it's heads around. Then ... BANG!
All three heads had crashed and I came out in a roll. I was jogging away from the beast when something hit me in the back and launched me into the air.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!