Untitled

Rip! Gift wraps littered the floor. Tim had his birthday party yesterday. His father was still busy in the garage. His mother was busy cooking. And Tim was busy opening his gifts. The best gift he received was that whole box of Hot Wheels collectables. Tim loved his Hot Wheels. He had 154 of them already, with the box adding about 15 more. His friends had only a little bit less Hot Wheels than Tim, with one having only 136. Gift after gift. Rip after rip. Tim was so busy unwrapping his gifts that he totally forgot about the Science homework that was due tomorrow. They had to draw a diagram of what they think will happen if a Mentos was dropped in a 3 litre Coke bottle, quickly close the lid, and smash the bottle on the ground. Tim got so many gifts that he finished unwrapping them all at 9 o’clock and by then, he’d fallen asleep, completely forgetting the Science homework.
‘Tim! Wake up!’ His mother woke him up. ‘It’s already 8:30, you’ll be late for school!’ Tim woke up, realising that he forgot do his Science homework. After he arrived at school, he met up with his friends. ‘Hey Joe! Have you finished your homework?’ he asked. ‘Yup. I mean, it is due today. Why are you asking? Actually, don’t answer that, because I know what happened.’ Joe replied. ‘How’d you know?’
‘Well, that’s the typical Tim. Always forgetting homework.’
‘But I was busy last night!’
‘Busy unwrapping presents, you mean.’
‘Okay, fine. I didn’t do it. But please don’t tell anyone.’
‘Don’t worry. I won’t.’
Joe was Tim’s best friend. He would never tell anyone. Tim was a good guy. He just forgets to do homework.
Later on that afternoon, Tim sat down where he usually sits. Exactly in the middle of his group of friends. He had six other friends. From left to right, they were: Larry, Brandon, Joe, Tim, Jack, Lester and Derek. They were always in that order in every lunchtime, in every subject, basically everywhere in the school.
Then, Science came. I’m screwed, Tim thought. ‘Okay, class. Open up your books. ‘ Tim nervously opened his book. His science teacher, Mr Peterson, was talking about the research they had to do about volcanoes, not the Mentos and Coke experiment. But Tim didn’t know that. All that he thought about was getting into trouble by not completing that homework. ‘Here we have a good example of a well-written conclusion.’ Mr Peterson took Tim’s book and held it up to show the rest of the class. ‘You can see here that Tim has written a good amount of information. He has included this well-drawn diagram.’ Tim couldn’t believe what his teacher was saying. He didn’t get into trouble. This is insane, he thought
After class, Tim found out that Joe had pranked him into thinking he had due homework. Turns out it was due in a week.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!