Dear Diary

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

18.08.17
Dear diary,
I am so aggravated. My little sister came into my room, sprayed my perfume and smothered her face in my makeup and she's gotten away with it! Mum says she's only little and doesn't know any better, but I know she's lying. This time though, I'm going to get Milly, my little brat of a sister back!
So there I was, sneaking into Milly's room with a fake spider in my hand. Milly was fast asleep. I poked her and dove under the bed. Milly, who was then awake trembled and shuddered as the cold breeze drifted through the open window. The stars were twinkling and the moon was shining brightly. Then I looked at the dressing table. Instead of a pretty ballerina box, there was an I pod and a packet of gum. Then I realised, this is Kelly's room!
Kelly is my big sister and she thinks she's so great. If she found me, who knows what would happen. Silently, I crept out from underneath the bed. All of a sudden the light flicked on and Mum and Dad were standing in the doorway. All they could say were two words- You're grounded. While they were lecturing me, Kelly sat silently, writing her diary while Milly sat giggling by her side. Kelly dragged me to my room, pushed me inside and closed the door. My life is hopeless.
The next night I was cleaning my room when I found Kelly's diary! She must have dropped it last night! Cautiously, I opened it up and began to read last night's entry. This is what I read:
17.08.17
Dear diary,
I am really angry. My little sister came into my room and tried to scare me with a fake spider. She got grounded. Mum says she needs a stern talking too, and I know she's right. But if there's one thing I know for sure it's that I'm going to get my little brat of a sister back.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!