My Lonely World Of Happiness

"Brainy Raine, playing her game, in her corner again." the girls sing as they wander past. I hate it! Arggg. Can't they just call me by my real name? Raine. All the kids at the school laugh and whisper and think that i'm a nerd. So every day, every lunch, I sit in my lonely corner of happiness with just my own thoughts to think about. I can't seem to grasp onto the idea that maybe this is my fate, to be lonely for ever and ever.
"Yes, I do believe that is the case, her eyes are not getting better. Soon she'll be as blind as a bat!" She thinks she's funny, my eye doctor, but nothing can make this news good. Can you imagine? My brown eyes with an ugly pair of glasses on top of them, the attention drawn from my appalling, uneven teeth and my frizzy brown hair to the black rimmed pair of glasses that now lie in front of me. "Try them on sweetie, I thought you might like these ones," mum says with a kind smile. My hands slowly grab the glasses, slip the arms between my ears and prop them on my nose. Dr Gowl holds a clipboard in front of her and privately writes down her notes
Name- RAINE GILLARD
Age- 13
Year- 7
Needs long distance and reading glasses. Getting worse.
Wait, WHAT? I can see what she's writing, through the clipboard! Something is weird about these glasses.
Oh no, the maths test! I completely forgot to study, my head is spinning trying to remember everything we have learnt in the last term. "7H, after the time is up we will mark the test, I have the answers here with me. And .... you may start." I push my glasses back up onto my nose and look up to Mrs. Bott holding the answers
1) 123
2) 2x3 = 3x2
3) 40 367
No way! "Hey guys," I whisper to the people around me "I can see the answers to the test." As sly as a fox I repeat what I see on Mrs Bott's test answer sheet to the people around me. It came time to mark the test, it turns out that all the answers were right!
For the last couple of days I have been giving people the answers to tests, and they play with me in return. My glasses on every day, they were diamonds ready to be found! No, of course I don't like playing with the other students, their rude and exclusive, but now I have 'friends', i'm no called a nerd.
Woah! The school is too crowded, someone pushing me down the stairs, really? My glasses? Oh no. There they are cracked and broken on the floor, and the English test is up next. I'm so dead. "Umm, metaphor? No simile." I say frantically during the test. When we marked the test a// the answers were wrong. "How could you Raine? Don't bother coming back to play with us." I guess this means no friends, no one to exclude me or be rude to me. So back off to my lonely corner of happiness with just my own thoughts to think about, and that's enough for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!