Demons

I didn't mean to kill her. My mind was vacant. My body wasn't in control of itself. I pushed her off without any thought. I heard her ghastly shrieks as she fell, yet I felt a sickening satisfaction. The sounds of gasps and shrieks of those that pass by echo in my head. The sound of sirens from the police and ambulances. I run. I don't know why, but I don't stop. Blurs of confused faces buzz pass by me. I don't know where to run. I have lost track of where I am going. I trip over a basket but I get up, ignoring the shouts of concern. Tears form in my eyes, clouding my vision. I quickly wipe away the tears and keep running. I found an alleyway only populated by monstrous rats and gruesome, cockroaches. I found a bag of putrid muck and filth. I didn't care. I sat down, contemplated what just happened. Why I killed my mother.
I would never kill anyone. I wasn't in control of my body. Someone else was. I don't know what to do. I was walking down the alleys when I found an awfully eerie abandoned house at the end of the street. I knocked on the door, but it swung open with a fierce crack. Inside, the house was surprisingly spotless and well-kept. In the middle of the room, was a wrinkled, hairy ancient lady. "Hello", she croaked in an eerie voice. I felt the chill again. I tried to fight it, but the feeling felt stronger than ever before. I was sure that this house was the source of the chill.
The lady started laughing hysterically. There was a blinding light and the lady transformed into a hideous beast. Black leathery wings, blood-stained horns, a repugnant and nauseating odour, scrawny and pale skin, and the face of a demon. I ran for the door, but it shut abruptly. The cackling laughter echoed through the room. I looked around. No matter how neat the room was, it couldn't hide the fact that it is old and about to fall apart. I located the support beams. One has already fallen. I just have to destroy the other 3 beams, and the place goes down. I ran to the first one. A simple push and the beam was no more. The house shook. "What are you doing!?" She screeched. I ran to the next beam. I successfully destroyed the second one. One to go. Half the house went down. I missed a falling plank of wood by a hair. I punched the last beam. The house was going down. "NOO!!" she yelled. I ran out through an opening in a window right before the house was no longer there. Instead of walling to the ground, in a blinding flash of light, the house was gone. I walked down the street until a cop pulled up next to me. He told me that I was going to jail for murder. I just shrugged and got in the car. I had nowhere else to go.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!